In today’s fast paced new world, stress and fatigue are one of the biggest hindrances that affect a good proportion of the population. One major cause is Adrenal fatigue; which is a stress-related condition that characterised by various symptoms including nervousness, fatigue, insomnia, food cravings and digestive disorders. Contrary to popular belief, adrenal fatigue is very common and people tend to confuse it with normal tiredness and exhaustion.
Despite adrenal fatigue affecting a large portion of the population, the condition is not recognised as a conventional medical diagnosis. Some medical practitioners may refer to it as adrenal insufficiency or Addison’s disease. However adrenal fatigue is treatable through use of supplements that are readily available in the market. There are different types of supplements that help the body recover the depleted nutrients, ensuring you smoothy start the recovery process. Nutritional supplements have been shown to be very effective in the treatment of adrenal fatigue. In fact there is a huge commercial potential for natural supplements with consumers looking for alternatives that work best for them.
What Exactly is Adrenal Fatigue and the Causes?
The human body’s adrenal glands are located jump above the kidneys and responsible for production of essential hormones that are essential for day to day activities. Together with the pituitary gland and hypothalamus they form the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis (HPA axis). Together they are responsible for maintaining our central stress response system. The adrenal glands produce the following hormones adrenaline, norepinephrine, cortisol and aldosterone. They are responsible for maintaining the following:
- Maintaining the appropriate body blood sugar levels.
- Maintaining appropriate the water and sodium chloride levels in the body.
- Triggering hormones that signal the onset of puberty in young bodies.
- Maintaining pregnancy hormones including progesterone, estrogen and dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate.
- Balancing stress by controlling the “fight or flight” mechanism.
- Balancing the body’s overall metabolism regulating cholesterol accumulation and reducing inflammation.
Causes and Symptoms
Adrenal fatigue means that your adrenal glands are being overworked and hormone production is very low. This causes changes to the different hormones and neurotransmitters in the body that are found in every organ in the body. This causes patients exhibit different symptoms depending on the particular hormones that are affected. Here are some examples:
- Low levels of adrenaline will affect a person’s ability to handle stress; both psychological and physical stress. When affected symptoms exhibited by patients include anxiety, enthusiasm, apathy, difficulty in concentration and awareness.
- Aldosterone has an important role to play in maintaining the right salt and water levels in the body. Together with the kidney it aldosterone is responsible for passing out extra fluids and minerals in the body. Low levels of aldosterone causes large quantities of important minerals to be passed out through urine.
Patients with depleted endocrine systems often suffer from frequent urination, body aches, fatigue and cravings for salty types of foods. Abnormal levels of minerals like sodium, potassium, magnesium are passed out in urine. Without the correct adrenal vitamin supplements, the mineral blood levels are also low.
- Cortisol is produced in the cortex of the adrenal glands. It is an important steroid hormone that is responsible for maintaining metabolism, immune response and overall energy levels. Low levels of cortisol causes patients to experience bouts of fatigue during afternoons and evenings. Patients also experience dizziness and muscle weaknesses.
Cortisol affects the immune system, helping out the body fight diseases. Low levels of cortisol can lead to inflammation and a host of infectious diseases.Instead of the body healing itself n case of an injury, inflammation makes the condition worse with swollen tissues, redness and loss of mobility Adrenal support vitamins help in maintaining a balanced cortisol levels.
Why Adrenal Support Vitamins and Supplements Actually Work?
There are numerous success stories involving patients that opt for a line of natural remedies manufactured to help alleviate adrenal fatigue symptoms. The natural vitamins and supplements are essential in reducing the cost, and possible side effects of prescription drugs in treating adrenal fatigue.
The support vitamins and supplements help build a path towards relieving adrenal fatigue and promoting good health. FDA approved adrenal support vitamins have shown to drastically alleviate symptoms of adrenal fatigue. Before purchasing any adrenal fatigue supplement, take due diligence and make sure you choose 100 percent USDA certified supplements.
Supplement and vitamin manufacturing companies have continued to put out a large array of drugs for adrenal patients. Custom supplement products have become popular with numerous products available in the global health and wellness industry.
In a recent report by statista it is estimated that the nutritional supplement industry in the US in 2017 was worth close to 40 million dollars, with a large potential for penetration.Judging by the large number of retailers that have shown interest in adrenal support vitamins and supplement brands. Along with the support of the medical community there is a large market for supplement merchants to push their supplement and nutritional products to the market.
Best Adrenal Support Vitamins and Supplements
- Magnesium - Magnesium plays a large role in production of hormones in the adrenal glands. It is also beneficial in regulating blood pressure and balanced heart rate. A deficiency of magnesium causes muscle cramping, fatigue, insomnia and bowel discomfort. In fact every 3 in 4 Americans have had some magnesium deficiency by the time they’ve reached the age of 40.
The recommended magnesium levels in the body should be 5-10 mg per lb of a person’s body weight. Magnesium supplements are popularly synthesised through magnesium glycinate. Other powered variations include magnesium citrate or magnesium malate. Increased magnesium levels helps reduce inflammations, anxiety and depressions.
- Vitamin C - Often used in treating symptoms of the flu vitamin C also plays a major role in boosting energy levels and reducing symptoms of adrenal fatigue. It is also a powerful antioxidant that is vital for catecholamine synthesis. Catecholamine is a complex compound and some of the neurotransmitters include norepinephrine(noradrenaline),epinephrine (adrenaline),and dopamine.
Catecholamine also promote body manufacture of testosterone, cortisol, and aldosterone. Vitamin c supplements are available in buffered or liposomal form, and wit most supplements combined with bioflavonoids.
- B Vitamins - Vitamins B5, B6, B12 are critical in maintaining cell metabolism. They also help keep the cells healthy and prevent megaloblastic anemia that causes people to tire, particularly vitamin B12 which contributes to cell energy production.
Vitamin B1 anti-stress properties by augmenting the immune system. B6 is especially helpful in creating pathways that are essential in hormone production by adrenal glands. Vitamin B complex supplements are manufactured by FDA approved pharmas and sometimes they are marketed as B-stress formulations.
- Probiotics - Probiotics have long been used to maintain gut health and good digestion by helping the body break down foods in the body.Probiotics help to increase cortisol levels in the body which helps reduce stress. Probiotics have also been shown to reduce inflammation in adrenal fatigue patients and increase energy levels.
- Vitamin D - Low vitamin D in the body is directly linked to adrenal fatigue. Vitamin D is a steroid hormone that affects how the adrenals produce cortisol.
- Tyrosine - This amino acid promotes the production of cortisol, norepinephrine and dopamine. When taken consistently, it helps patients recover from fatigue while improving concentration levels. Tyrosine is great for adrenal health and fighting stress!
Herbal Supplements for Adrenal Fatigue
- Ashwaghanda - This herb is also known as the Withania somnifera and is an adaptogenic herb. And as the name suggests it helps the body’s organs adapt to changes. Ashwaghanda works to regulate the amount of cortisol produced by the adrenal glands adjusting for over and underproduction of the hormone. Ashwaghanda root has a strong scent which has been shown to reduce anxiety and stress by adrenal fatigue patients.
The calming effect also helps in reducing insomnia, while increasing libido and low thyroid activity. Ashwaghanda works to regulate the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis by helping to regulate mood and boost the immune system. It stimulates the adrenal glands to synthese larger quantities of anti-stress hormones and is part of the neuroendometabolic (NEM) stress response
- Licorice root - Licorice Root works to boost hormone production especially for patients with low energy and endurance for athletes. Licorice helps the adrenal glands produce more cortisol and build more stress endurance.
- Rhodiola - This adaptogenic herbal supplement stimulates the adrenal glands to produce hormones like dopamine and norepinephrine. It is a natural energy booster as well as improve concentration levels.
Rhodiola also helps relieve effects of poor circulation, fatigue and memory functions. Itis important to note that rhodiola may have negative stimulating effects for some patients, so moderation and caution is advised.
- Holy Basil Leaf - This is one of the most oldest herbs that originated in southeastern asia with usage widespread in Ayurveda and Hinduism. As an adaptogenic, holy basil leaf helps to regulate the amount of cortisol produced by the body.
When taken regularly it has been shown to increase cognitive functions, reduce insomnia, stress and depression. Holy basil leaf has antioxidant properties and helps the adrenal glands detoxify the body from heavy metals and poisons.
Conclusion About Adrenal Support Vitamins and Supplements
Supplement brands for adrenal fatigue have over the years achieved a lot of success in bringing relief to patients while making a sizeable profit margin. ABH Pharma provides top quality custom formulated supplements and private label supplements that can help you make a splash in this unsaturated market sector!